On Monday March 4th, the National Seminar “Fitotecnologie per la Gestione e la bonifica di siti contaminati: esempi di buone pratiche” (Phytotechnology for the Management and Reclamation of Contaminated Sites: Good Practice Examples) was held at the Pesaro Provincial Council Hall.
Dr. Grazia Masciandaro, first researcher at the CRN of Pisa, together with Prof. Giancarlo Renella of the University of Florence gave the speech entitled “Fitotecnologie per il reimpiego dei sedimenti fluviali contaminati” (Fitotechnology for the reuse of contaminated river sediments).
The event represented an important opportunity to illustrate objectives, actions and expected results of the LIFE Subsed project. The discussion then focused on the landfarming process to be used as the main technology in the remediation of sediments and other environmental matrices, or as a final refinement process (as proposed in the Subsed project).
The seminar also allowed for a strengthening of relations with important stakeholders in the sector:
- Andrea Sconocchia, REMTECH scientific committee and GdL Manager Fitoremedio RECONNET;
- Paolo De Angelis, DIBAF – University of Tuscia;
- Massimo Fagnano, Dia / CIRAM – University of Naples;
- Marco Falconi, CNR-ISPRA of Rome;
- Valeria Ancona, CNR-ISPRA of Taranto.